Coaching Development Officer
Are you passionate about player coaching and Gaelic Games and looking for a new challenge?
Killarney Legion GAA Club, a progressive and thriving Gaelic Football Club, is seeking an energetic and dynamic individual to undertake the role of Coaching Development Officer. (CDO)
Responsibilities of the Coaching Development Officer (CDO) will include coaching development and education, implementing best practice in coaching and games development and overseeing the coaching of our underage players (male & female), with a view to player retention and helping players to realise their full potential.
Qualifications, Skills & Knowledge
The CDO must possess:
● At least an Award 1 Coaching Qualification.
● At least 2 years’ experience of working in the GAA or similar sporting organisation (Voluntary or Professional Capacity);
● Garda Vetted and have completed a child safeguarding course within the GAA / LGFA.
● Exceptional leadership, interpersonal and influencing skills;
● Excellent communication and presentation skills;
Areas of Responsibility
The CDO will assume a strategic role within the club ensuring the implementation of the coaching development programme across two key areas – Coach Education and Player Development
● Training and upskilling of underage coaches
● Player management & welfare
● Coach recruitment & retention
● Skills Development for underage players
● Health & Fitness programs for underage players
Applications to / further information available from: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receipt of applications is 5 p.m. on Friday 27th January 2023.